Monday, February 1, 2010

Monthly Meal Planning

As part of my "Thrifty shopping" I have been trying to stockpile items that I frequently use, when they are on sale, so that in the end I am saving money and time (by not having to run to the store because I don't have cream of chicken soup) So starting in February I will be planning my meals out for a month at a time. I based my first months meals on simple things that my family already likes! I made a spreadsheet with separate worksheets, which are, 1. a calendar with the meals, 2. a page of recipes and ingredients, and 3. a running list of ingredients I need to purchase for the month. Under each day of the month I put what meat the recipe calls for so that I know what to pull out of the freezer and also so I could see how many pounds of each meat I would need for the entire month! I also left one day a week for left overs or eating out... or if something came up during the week and I didn't get dinner made it can be moved to that night! I posted a snapshot of my calendar for you to see but if you would like a copy of the file to use for yourself leave me a comment with your email address and I will send it to you!!

So this month is planned and I have already planned what groceries need to be bought on pay day.... I will keep you all updated as to how my plan works out!!



1 comment:

Jen Wargo said...

You're so grown up. With that being said, I love a good spread sheet and could stand to be on a good budget, so can you send me a copy? jenwargo@hotmail.com